Every piece of jewellery is a work of art, and needs to be treated with care and caution. Here’s a list of things to keep in mind to protect your jewellery –
- Spraying perfume directly on to your piece of polki jewellery could in time damage it. There may be gradual discolouration because of the chemicals in the perfume and / or if the moisture that settles in.
- Store your Jadau Jewellery in a dry place, at room temperature away from moisture. Your best storage option is an airtight plastic box, or the box provided by us. Beware, of the ornate looking velvet boxes which are nothing but moisture traps. Your Polki Jewellery will turn blackish over a period of time if you are not careful with it.
- Handle with care! As you would any priceless work of art. Be gentle with your Polki Jewellery while putting on or removing it, so that it doesn’t slip out of your hands, and drop to the floor weakening it.
- If it all you need to clean your Polki Jewellery,
- Use soft cloth and wipe gently
- Do not wash it with soap and water. Remember, it has to be kept dry.
- Do not scrub Polki directly – with toothbrush or any other abrasive material